To assist the Vice Chancellor of Administration in the formulation of policies and procedures related to the overall transportation and parking program at UC Merced. This includes, but is not limited to, vehicles, bicycles, pedestrian traffic as well as the operations and services of the CatTracks and County transit systems; to provide a communication link between the users of the transportation programs and those responsible for providing such programs and enforcing the regulations governing them.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Maintain communication with the campus community and recommend changes, as required, to existing policies and procedures regarding traffic circulation and related parking problems
- Review current long range plans, goals and rates related to transportation and parking programs and evaluate their appropriateness in relation to the overall campus needs
- Maintain communication with the campus community and recommend a policy regarding bicycle program on campus
In the absence of consensus, a two-thirds majority of the Committee members or their alternatives shall be required to alter this Charter. All decisions shall be subject to review by the Chancellor.
Officers will be represented by individuals from the following organizations:
- Residential Life
- Campus Police
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Ex Officio (Non-Voting)
- Tom Atkins, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Facilities Management
- Sonia Johnston, Director of Administration, Office of the Vice Chancellor
- Karin Groth, Director, Transportation, Parking and Fleet Services
Term of Service
All members of the Committee shall be appointed for one term of service. A term of service (Term) shall be defined as the duration from the first Committee meeting of the Fall semester until the first meeting of the next Fall semester. There is no limit to the number of Terms a member of the Committee may serve.
The Committee shall meet as necessary to meet the above charge but at a minimum of quarterly. The time and location shall be determined by consensus of the Committee, and all members of the Committee shall be notified in advance. Minutes of and/or recommendations from committee meetings should be sent to the Vice Chancellor of Administration.