Student Permit Applications
The appilcation process for Resident Parking Permits is now closed; please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.
Resident Continuing/Transfer Application
Resident parking (an "H" permit) is available to continuing and new transfer students only on a first come, first serve basis.
Student residents should not purchase a commuter permit, as cars parked overnight in commuter lots will be cited.
Resident Freshman Exception Application
Incoming freshmen residents are not eligible for campus parking. However, a limited number of spaces have been allotted to accommodate freshman residents on an exception basis. You may apply for an "H" permit if you are 23-years-old at the time of registration or require frequent access to a vehicle for:
- Health — A medical condition, disability or frequent visits to an off-campus health care provider. You will need to submit a letter from your health care provider on his/her office stationery detailing your diagnosis. All information provided will be kept confidential.
- Employment — Off-campus employment. Along with your resident parking application, you will need to submit your most recent pay stub and a written explanation of how your employment relates to your education. In addition, you will need to submit your most recent pay stub by the 10th of each month as proof of your continued employment.
- Military — Meeting your military service requirements. You will need to submit a letter from your commanding officer on unit stationery with your 1) full unit designation, 2) drill location and 3) a drill schedule that reflects your required attendance.
- Extreme Transport Need — Any other valid transportation need. Having a car for convenience does not qualify for the exception.
Off-Campus Remote Application - download here
Resident students who do not qualify for on-campus parking may apply for remote parking (an "OC" permit) at Merced College. Negotiations for remote lot parking are still in progress. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
An "OC" permit is available at a reduced rate and enables you to:
- Park overnight in the Lake and Evolution Valley Lots on weekends from 6 p.m. on Friday until 7 a.m. on Monday
- Temporarily park in the Lake and Evolution Valley Lots after 6 p.m., Monday through Thursday (i.e. not overnight)
Transit Services stops at this lot on specific routes to shuttle students to and from their cars. Shuttle schedules run seven days per week when school is in session. Merced College Police provide security and patrol the parking lot Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Friday from 7 a.m. to noon.
Student Commuter Permits
Commuter permits will be available for purchase on ePay beginning August 1, 2012. Permits will be distributed by TAPS on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 through Friday, August 24, 2012, and will be distributed by last name, please click here to view the schedule. Permits may be picked up at the TAPS office after August 27, 2012.