A registered UC Merced Carpool consists of two or more people sharing one car for the majority of their commutes to campus. A carpool application for the entire carpool must be completed. Each carpool will be assigned one carpool decal and have access to occasional one-time use only permits for those individuals that have an additional vehicle registered with the carpool. The one-time use permits should be clearly displayed on the driver's dash and marked with pen. Carpool participants are restricted from purchasing general use monthly/semester permits.
How to Find a Carpool Partner
It's easy to find others who are interested in carpooling to their place of employment. You can use UC Merced's ridematching service to find a current carpool that works for you. Once you join the Commuter Club you can register your carpool with Commute Connections and will be eligible for a $50 gas card and the Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program.
- All members must be current UC Merced faculty, staff undergraduate or graduate students.
- Carpool members must ride together at least three days per week (Monday - Friday).
- All carpool members must be present at the time the permit is assigned.
- For faculty and staff, the primary driver must complete a Payroll Deduction Application Form.
- The primary driver will be issued the parking decal. Each additional rider that has a vehicle registered with the carpool will have access to one-time use only permits. These permits are non-transferable and are for use on days when carpooling to campus is not feasible.
Lost your permit?
Reported stolen permits will be replaced at no charge when accompanied by a UC Merced Department of Public Safety theft report. Reported lost permits will be replaced at the cost of $10 for administrative fees. Only one carpool permit will be replaced per carpool group.
Any comments or questions e-mail email@example.com