To make recommendations to the Interim Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration in the formulation of policies and procedures related to the overall transportation and parking program at UC Merced. This Advisory Committee also assists the Director of TAPS in the development of the procedures, program and planning for both Transit and Parking units. This includes, but is not limited to: vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrian traffic, as well as the operations and services of the CatTracks and county transit systems; to provide a communication link between the users of the transportation and parking programs and those responsible for providing such programs and enforcing the regulations governing them.
Committee Goals and Responsibilities
- Maintain communication with the campus community and recommend changes, as required, to existing policies and procedures regarding traffic circulation and related parking problems
- Review current long range plans, goals and rates related to transportation and parking programs and evaluate their appropriateness in relation to the overall campus needs
- Maintain communication with the campus and recommend policy regarding the bicycle program on campus
The committee shall determine its own internal structure and shall govern by consensus whenever possible. A passing motion shall be simple majority of voting members or alternates present. The TAPS Advisory Committee chair will not vote except to break a tie.
Officers will be represented by individuals from the following organizations:
- Associated Students
- Department of Public Safety
- Disability Services
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Teaching Assistant
- Housing and Residential Life
- Remote Site Staff
- Staff Assembly
- Ex Officio (Non-Voting)
- Michael Riley, Interim Vice Chancellor and CFO of Operations, Finance and Administration
- Karin Groth, Director, Transportation and Parking Services - Advisory Committee Chair
- James Nardello, Assistant Director, Transportion and Parking Services
Term of Service
All members of the Committee shall be appointed for two terms of service (Term); graduate and undergraduate student representatives are exceptions the the term of service length. A Term of service shall be defined as the duration from the first Committee meeting of the Fall semester until the first meeting of the next Fall semester. There is no limit to the number of Terms a member of the Committee may serve.
TAPS Advisory Committee meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Facilities Services Conference Room A.
The committee shall meet as necessary, to meet the above charge but at a minimum of quarterly. The time and location shall be determined by consensus of the Committee and all members of the committee shall be notified in advance. Minutes of and/or recommendations from the committee meetings should be sent to the Vice Chancellor of Planning & Budget.
2019-2020 Advisory Members
Department of Public Safety: Officer James Marshall
Disability Services: Drew Shelburne, Coordinator
Faculty: Eric Walle, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts & Justin Hicks, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
Graduate Students: Jose Zamora and Samantha Bidwell
Undergraduate Student: Erik Flores Pablo, ASUCM President
Housing/Residential Life: Hui-Ling Chan, Director
Staff/Remote Site: Melissa Tessier, Information Technology
Staff Assembly: Katherine Brown, Office of the Registrar
Postdoctoral Scholar: Parveen Kumar, Stem Cell Instrumentation Foundation
Any comments or questions? Email email@example.com.