Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for the most up to date information about instruction.Campus ReadyCOVID Help
Division of Finance and Administration

On-Campus Resident Parking

Spring 2022 Resident Overnight Parking Permit

Attention - Existing Fall 2021 resident parking permit holders who will require on-campus parking- you will not need to reapply for the spring semester.  Please respond to the survey. If you responded with a YES, we will send further information beginning Monday, December 6th. 

UC Merced On-Campus Resident Application - will be available December 1, 2021

(Forms will continue being accepted. Please contact our office with further questions or to apply. You can call our office at 209-228-8277 or email us at

Permit Validity Dates: Jan. 11-May. 13, 2022

Resident parking permits ("H" Zone) are available for students that live on-campus on a first-come, first-serve basis.  All other permit types (including kiosk permits) are not available for purchase by residents.  However, a limited number of spaces have been allotted to accommodate resident parking on an exception basis. You may apply for an "H" permit if you meet one of the below exceptions:

  • Health (Medical Exception) - A medical condition, disability, or frequent and urgent visits to an off-campus health care provider that cannot be accessed through Cat Tracks. You will need to submit a letter from your health care provider on his/her office stationary detailing your diagnosis. All information provided will be kept confidential.

  • Employment - Off-campus employment. Along with your resident parking application you will need to submit your most recent pay stub and a written explanation of how your employment relates to your education. In addition, you will need to submit your most recent pay stub by the 10th day of each month as proof of your continued employment.

  • Military - Meeting your military service requirements. You will need to submit a letter from your commanding officer on unit stationary with your 1) full unit designation 2) drill location and 3) a drill schedule that reflects your required attendance.

  • Extreme Circumstances - Any other urgent transportation need. Having a car for convenience does not qualify for this exception. Please provide official supporting documentation.