A registered UC Merced Carpool consists of two or more people sharing one car for the majority of their commutes to campus. Each carpool will be assigned one carpool permit and have access to occasional one-time use only permits for those individuals that have an additional vehicle registered with the carpool. The one-time use permits should be clearly displayed on the driver's dash and marked with pen. Carpool participants are restricted from purchasing general use monthly/semester permits.
- All members must be current UC Merced faculty, staff, undergraduate or graduate students.
- Carpool members must ride together at least three days per week (Monday - Friday).
- All carpool members must be present at the time the permit is purchased/assigned.
- For faculty and staff, the primary driver must complete a Payroll Deduction Application Form and is responsible for maintaining current vehicle information.
- The primary driver will be issued the parking permit. Each additional rider that has a vehicle registered with the carpool will have access to one-time use only permits. These permits are non-transferable and are for use on days when carpooling to campus is not feasible.
- The one-time use clean air cards issued to carpoolers are only valid for use with a current active carpool permit. Carpoolers living within Merced County will receive 6 clean air cards and those living outside Merced County will receive 12 per semester/year.
Lost your permit?
Reported stolen permits will be replaced at no charge when accompanied by a UC Merced Department of Public Safety theft report. Reported lost permits will be replaced at the cost of $10 for administrative fees. Only one carpool permit will be replaced per carpool group.
Any comments or questions e-mail email@example.com