New!! Student Carpool Permit
Permits are expected to go on sale Monday, Dec. 11, 2023. Spring semester permits will be valid from Jan. 9, 2024 - May 10, 2024 and will cost $160. Carpool spaces will be available in Bellevue Lot - Green Zone. Carpool permits will only be valid in carpool spaces or non-specially marked spaces in Bellevue Lot - Green Zone.
Carpool permits can be purchased at the TAPS Office. Carpool permits will not be available online.
- All members must be current UC Merced undergraduate students.
- Carpool members must ride together at least three days per week (Monday - Friday). Members will need to provide class schedules.
- All carpool members must be present at the time the permit is purchased and assigned.
- The primary driver will be issued the parking permit. Each additional rider that has a vehicle registered with the carpool will have access to one-time use only permits. These permits are non-transferable and are for use on days when carpooling to campus is not feasible. Carpoolers living within Merced County will receive 6 clean air cards and those living outside Merced County will receive 12 per semester.
- The one-time use clean air cards issued to carpoolers are only valid for use with a current active carpool permit. Students will need to call/email TAPS as needed to activate a virtual clean air card.
Please contact our office with further questions. We can be reached at 209-228-8277 or email@example.com.